Drafted in the Pro Forecast Fantasy Football magazine Standard Scoring (Non-PPR) league from the 12th spot. Here is my team and my thoughts on my players.
1. Demaryius Thomas WR - DEN (1.12) Top 5 WR (Top 12
overall ) even with a more run oriented Gary Kubiak offense. Expect
100/1500/10. Draft him with confidence regardless.
2. Matt Forte RB - CHI (2.01) Nothing worse than having pick 12 and 13 and seeing 11
favorites drafted ahead of you. Now I know why I love auction drafts-you can
have anyone, just not everyone.
3. Mark Ingram RB - NO (3.12) 22 picks later…Ingram will be in a RBBC with CJ Spiller but
should still get 1000 yards and 10 TDs with his bruising style of running. Look
for the Saints to run more in 2015.
4. DeAndre Hopkins WR - HOU (4.01) Third year should be the charm as Hopkins emerges from the
shadows of Andre Johnson, who went to IND. There is the question of QB?
80/1200/7 with a high celing.
5. Andre Ellington RB - ARI (5.12) Anytime I can draft a starting RB in the late 5th/early
6th round I will. Injuries are a concern and rookie David Johnson
could drag Andre into a RBBC or keep him healthy.
6. Russell Wilson QB - SEA (6.01) QB3 now that PM has blindside OT issues. Addition of Jimmy
Graham helps. In his 4th year look for 3700 passing yards with 28
TDs and 600 rushing yards and 5 rushing TDs.
7. Mike Wallace WR - MIN (7.12) 65/900/7. A top 35 WR. Not bad for the 84th pick
of the draft. He gives Bridgewater a deep threat with his speed. I predict a
8. Nelson Agholor WR - PHI (8.01) He starts from day one since he is the perfect fit for the
Chip Kelly scheme. Same numbers as Wallace-65/900/7. Great value in the 8th
for the stellar rookie.
9. Dwayne Allen TE - IND (9.12) I waited on TE. Huge upside IF he can stay healthy. The Colts
love to throw to their two TEs in the red zone. I predict 10 TDs on 50 catches
and 600 yards.
10. Bishop Sankey RB - TEN (10.01) Someone has to start at RB right? Rookie David Cobb could
challenge but I will take a flyer on Sankay in the 10th as my 4th
starter (RB33) with the 120th pick.
11. Teddy Bridgewater QB - MIN (11.12) My sleeper pick. He did well in 14’ without AP, new addition
Mike Wallace and a slumping C. Patterson. 4000 combined passing and rushing
yards and 25 TDs make him my QB14.
12. Cordarrelle Patterson WR - MIN (12.01) Last years sophomore slump killed his ADP, making him a great
value pick. Take a flyer on him and drop him mid season if he has not bounced
back. Offseason diligence will help.
13. Delanie Walker TE - TEN (13.12) I need another TE to platoon. Expect 60/750/5 from the
consistent Walker and potentially a much higher ceiling with Marcus Mariota at
QB. Look for a ton of drop off passes from the rookie QB.
14. Devin Funchess WR - CAR (14.01) Rookie faces no real threat for the WR2 spot. He is a cross
between WR and TE. Boom or bust here. Draft him and see what he can do.
Check out the latest book from Sam Hendricks…
Fantasy Football Tips (2nd Edition): 230 Ways to Win through Player Rankings, Cheat Sheets and Better Drafting ($12.95) www.amazon.com/dp/1936635151
Books from Extra Point Press: