That means it is time for full deception from the teams and their media people.
Here is what I am predicting for the first round picks in the NFL Draft. I have included what I think are the drafting teams needs and who they will pick.
Note: I think Chip Kelly tries to pull the trigger in a trade with OAK to get their #4 pick and Marcus Mariota but it falls through when SD gets a trade with TEN to go by giving them Philip Rivers for Marcus Mariota.
1) TB-QB, OL, pass rusher (Jameis Winston QB FSU)
2) SD-CB, NT, OL (Trade from TEN) (Marcus Mariota QB Orgeon)
3) JAX-OT, CB, RB (Leonard Williams DE USC) (Best player on the board here)
4) OAK-OLB, WR, CB (Dante Fowler Jr. OLB Florida)
5) WAS- DB, OT, pass rusher (Vic Beasley-OLB Clemson)
6) NYJ-QB, CB, OT (Brandon Scherff OT Iowa) Scherff can play any OL position.
7) CHI-(DL, LB, DB, WR)(Kevin White-WR WVA) (loss of B. Marshall makes this a no-brainer and Bears added some defensive help in FA
8) ATL-TE, OLB, DB (Shane Ray OLB Missouri) Would have been Gregory if not for the failed drug test.
9) NYG-OLB ILB, OL Amari Cooper WR ALA Questions about V Cruz remain.
10) STL-CB, RB, QB? Todd Gurley RB Georgia (or could be Melvin Gordon RB WIS) Both are a reach but they need a RB to go with and help Nick Foles
11) MIN-OT, CB, RB (DeVante Parker WR Lousville) Pairing the WR with his QB
12) CLE-WR, ILB, OL (Randy Gregory LB NEB) Gregory falls a bit but teams need a pass rusher.
13) NO-CB, OLB, QB? (Trae Waynes CB MSU)
14) MIA-LB, OT, CB (Marcus Peters CB WAS)
15) SF-DL, OL, WR-(Arik Armstead DT Oregon)
16 HOU-QB, WR, OT-Jaelen Strong WR ASU
17 TEN-QB, CB (traded from SD for QB Phiip Rivers) -Melvin Gordon RB WIS
18 KC-WR, OT, CB-Dorial Green-Beckam WR Oklahoma And the WR class of 2015 is let out of the bottle as 5 of the first 18 are receivers. 9 of first 18 are fantasy worthy players-2 QB, 2 RB and 5 WR.
19 CLE-WR, ILB, OL-Malcom Brown DT Texas
20 PHI-S, OLB, CB Jalen Collins DB LSU
21 CIN-CB, S, K Landon Collins S ALA
22 PIT-S, CB, DL Kevin Johnson CB WF
23 DET-CB, DL, PK Danny Shelton DT WAS
24 AZ-DL, LB Bud Dupree DE KY
25 CAR-OLB, OT, CB D. J. Humphries OT Florida
26 BAL-RB, OL, OLB La'el Collins OL
27 DAL-CB, DL Eddie Goldman DT FSU
28 DEN-DL, LB T. J. Clemmings T PIT
29 IND-OL, ILB, S Ereck Flowers OT Miami
30 GB-ILB, DL, TE Jordan Phillips NT Oklahoma
31 NO-CB, OLB, QB? Ronald Derby CB FSU
32 NE-WR, RB, DL Andrus Peat OT Stanford
Other potential first round picks
Breshad Perriman WR Central Florida
Byron Jones DB Conn
Erik Kendricks ILB UCLA
Eli Harold OLB UVA
Phillip Dorsett WR Miami
Cedric Ogbuehi OT Texas A+M
Cameron Erving C FSU
Other team needs
BUF-QB, S, LB (no pick in 1st round)
SEA-TE, OL, DL (no pick in 1st round)
Check out the latest book from Sam Hendricks…
Fantasy Football Tips (2nd Edition): 230 Ways to Win through Player Rankings, Cheat Sheets and Better Drafting ($12.95) www.amazon.com/dp/1936635151
Fantasy Football Basics: The Ultimate "How to" Guide for Beginners available ($10.95) at Amazon http://www.amazon.com/dp/0982428634