Here is what I am predicting for the first round picks in the NFL Draft. I have included what I think are the drafting teams needs and who they will pick.
Note: I think CLE works out a deal with TEN for their #2 pick and …..Marcus Mariota.
1) TB-QB, DE, OL, LB, WR (Jameis Winston QB FSU)
2) CLE-WR, ILB, OL (trade with TEN) (Marcus Mariota QB Orgeon)
3) JAX-OL, CB, RB, S, LB Dante Fowler Jr. OLB Florida)
4) OAK-WR, CB, RB, OT, DL (Leonard Williams DT USC) (Best player on the board here)
5) WAS- S, CB, RT, LB (Vic Beasley-OLB Clemson)
6) NYJ-QB, OLB, OL, WR, RB (Brandon Scherff OT Iowa) Scherff can play any OL position.
7) CHI-OLB, NT, OL, S, WR)(Kevin White-WR WVA) (loss of B. Marshall makes this a no-brainer and Bears added some defensive help in FA
8) ATL-LB, TE, OL, WR, DB Todd Gurley RB Georgia
9) NYG-FS, LB, OL, DT, TE Bud Dupree OLB KY Would have been Gregory if not for the failed drug test.
10) STL-G, WR, CB, OT, RB, QB? Amari Cooper WR ALA
11) MIN-OT, LB, CB, G, RB? DeVante Parker WR Lousville Pairing the WR with his QB
12) TEN-QB, CB, RT, DL, S Marcus Peters CB WAS
13) NO-CB, OLB, OG, WR, QB? Andrus Peat OT Stanford
14) MIA-LB, OT, CB, WR, RB La'el Collins OL
15) SF-DL, OL, WR-Arik Armstead DT Oregon
16 HOU-QB, WR, OT-Jaelen Strong WR ASU
17 SD-CB, NT, OL -Melvin Gordon RB WIS (they need a RB)
18 KC-WR, OT, CB-Dorial Green-Beckam WR Oklahoma And the WR class of 2015 is let out of the bottle as 5 of the first 18 are receivers. 9 of first 18 are fantasy worthy players-2 QB, 2 RB and 5 WR.
19 CLE-WR, ILB, OL-(Randy Gregory DE NEB) Gregory falls a bit but teams need a pass rusher.
20 PHI-CB, S, OLB, G, WR Malcom Brown DT Texas
21 CIN-CB, S, K Shane Ray DE Missouri
22 PIT-S, CB, DL Danny Shelton DT WAS
23 DET-CB, DL, PK Trae Waynes CB MSU
24 AZ-DL, LB Eddie Goldman DT FSU
25 CAR-OLB, OT, CB D. J. Humphries OT Florida
26 BAL-RB, OL, OLB T. J. Clemmings T PIT
27 DAL-CB, DL Kevin Johnson CB WF
28 DEN-DL, LB Cameron Erving C FSU
29 IND-OL, ILB, S Ereck Flowers OT Miami
30 GB-ILB, DL, TE Jordan Phillips NT Oklahoma
31 NO-CB, OLB, QB? Eli Harold OLB UVA
32 NE-WR, RB, DL Breshad Perriman WR Central Florida
Other potential first round picks
Jalen Collins DB LSU
Byron Jones DB Conn
Erik Kendricks ILB UCLA
Ronald Derby CB FSU
Phillip Dorsett WR Miami
Cedric Ogbuehi OT Texas A+M
Landon Collins S ALA
Eric Rowe CB Utah
Other team needs
BUF-QB, S, LB (no pick in 1st round)
SEA-TE, OL, DL (no pick in 1st round)
Check out the latest book from Sam Hendricks…
Fantasy Football Tips (2nd Edition): 230 Ways to Win through Player Rankings, Cheat Sheets and Better Drafting ($12.95) www.amazon.com/dp/1936635151
Fantasy Football Basics: The Ultimate "How to" Guide for Beginners available ($10.95) at Amazon http://www.amazon.com/dp/0982428634