Tuesday, July 21, 2015

Pros vs Joes Challenge League 2 The Whizzinator is in the books

I like two teams from last nights Pros vs Joes FFPC Challenge and both were Joes! I know I know-I pimped the Pros and boasted how hard the leagues was. Well it was a tough draft-no slugs here but I think my two favorites are not Pros but JOES!

First from the 9 spot Albert Chapman drafted what I think will be a strong contender. He drafted 5 WRs in his first 7 picks-bold but smart in this day and age of the passing game which dominates NFL offenses these days. He solidified his team with DeMarco Murray in the 2nd round and Greg Olsen in the 3rd. 

Note the FFPC scoring rules award 1.5 PPR to TEs so TE are worth more and drafted about a round earlier in FFPC drafts.

His QB stable is strong with Drew Brees in the 8th (a steal), Philip Rivers in the 12th and Nick Foles in the 18th.  His TE2 is Jared Cook-sleeper potential and Clive Walford the up and coming OAK TE. I might have gone with more of a traditional starting TE here.

Normally every team has a weak spot and RB might be Alberts but his late round pickups of James White and Denard Robinson might mean a Championship!

My next favorite is Darren Fecich's team from the 11 spot. He starts with WR-WR-WR and Dez Bryant, Julio Jones (2.02 love it) and Brandin Cooks. That means WR and a flex are all but sewed up. Then he hammers back at RB with CJ Spiller (4.02 great value there- he has been going in the third round), Giovani Bernard and Ameer Abdullah. Those 3 should get you 2 starting RBs each week. 

QB comes in the 12th, 14th and 15th with Mathew Stafford, Joe Flacco and Marcus Mariota. Stafford in the 12th is money. 
I am a little worried about TE as he has just Owen Daniels and Vernon Davis. Instead of a 4th QB in Derek Carr (who I like as a sleeper) in the 17th I would have liked to see Mychal Rivera as his 3rd TE. Theo Riddick DET RB to pair up with Abdullah is a great combo-What are the chances Joique Bell gets banged up or cannot handle the load?

One note it seemed Defenses went a little early in this draft- 10 by the end of the 17th. Interesting.

Don't forget I will be drafting in "The Love Boat League 4" on Sunday July 26th at 8pm.

No comments: